Email RA-Help@mit.edu if you have questions about these courses.
We are excited to share with the community a re-designed Kuali Coeus (KC) class curriculum, offering blended learning with eLearning courses available anytime for individual self-study, and virtual, instructor led classes, to augment and build upon skills and concepts learned in the self-paced studies.
These new KC class offerings are available for registration and credit through the Atlas Learning Center in the Kuali Coeus (KC) Learning Bundle and include:
- Kuali Coeus: Introduction – instructions, resources and guidance on basic KC navigation, Lifecycle of an Award at MIT, gathering necessary proposal information and searching for proposals.
- Kuali Coeus: Basic Proposal Requirements – instructions, guidance and exercises for creating and routing a proposal.
- KC Budget (available soon!) – instructions, guidance and exercises for Budget preparation in KC, including Summary, Detailed and using Single Point of Entry.
- KC Award Navigation – instructions and guidance for navigating KC Award tabs to find Sponsor award terms including start and end dates, obligated and anticipated award totals, terms and conditions, required reports and their due dates and more.
- KC Basics – Exercises and discussion include proposal scenarios using different Activity and Proposal Types, adding non-MIT personnel and when MIT certification may be required, and indirect cost rates (F&A) that differ from MIT’s federally negotiation research rate.
- KC Budget (dates coming soon!) – Exercises focus on preparing a budget to meet various sponsor/solicitation requirements including exclusion of specific costs, special indirect cost rates (F&A) that result in underrecovery, providing cost sharing and more