OSP will be hosting two KC Forums on the fixes/improvements that are part of the latest Kuali Coeus release.
Kuali Coeus is an enterprise-wide, cradle-to-grave, electronic system that is the result of the partnership between the Kuali Foundation and Coeus Consortium and is based on Coeus functionality developed at MIT.
NSF Systems and Services Are Available
A power failure in the NSF Data Center Thursday, July 21, caused all servers to shut down. All NSF systems are now available.
- All deadline dates (including the CAREER program) scheduled for Friday, July 22nd, are rescheduled for 5 p.m. submitter's local time, July 26th. Please ensure you select July 26th as the Deadline/Target date on the Remainder of Coversheet for your proposal.
- The deadline date for proposals due on Thursday, July 21, from organizations located in the Pacific time zone and westward, whose local 5:00 pm deadline occurred after 7:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time (EDT; UTC/GMT -4 hours), also have been rescheduled for 5 p.m. submitter's local time, July 26th. Please ensure you select July 26th as the Deadline/Target date on the Remainder of Coversheet for your proposal.
- If you were performing a transaction on Research.gov or FastLane at approximately 7:00 PM EST on Thursday, July 21, you may want to validate that your work was saved properly.
- The Research.gov and FastLane Application Release originally scheduled for the weekend of July 22 was cancelled and will be rescheduled shortly. This means that previously communicated system enhancements for Research.gov password management and new automated proposal submission compliance checks in FastLane are postponed until further notice.
Kuali Coeus Regular Maintenance
Kuali Coeus will periodically undergo routine maintenance. This routine maintenance will take less than 1 hour, and will occur during non business hours (sometime between 10pm and 6am, EST). If there are any outages during normal business hours or that will take more than 1 hour, advance notification will be posted on this website and MIT’s IS&T Services down website (http://3down.mit.edu/3down), and an email will be sent to the Community via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Transitioning to Kuali Coeus (KC)
Kuali Coeus combines the full functionality of Coeus Premium with the easy navigation of a web based tool such as CoeusLite.
- Kuali Coeus includes all of the modules found in Coeus Premium, such as the Award module, which were not available in CoeusLite
- Kuali Coeus is a single web-based tool that serves the needs of the Institute’s entire Research Administration community
- Functionally equivalent to Coeus, Kuali Coeus has a newly designed user interface that greatly enhances the User Experience (currently in final phases of development), Kuali Coeus utilizes Kuali Rice middleware that allows Kuali Coeus to be built in a more fluid fashion.
The KC Support team can help!