Most opportunities (see Note below) can use the Adobe Subcontract/Subaward form extracted from a Grants.gov Adobe form package. The Adobe Form package must be specific to your opportunity. The Subaward Budget Attachment Files are not interchangeable from one Subaward Attachment Form to another. See table below for help in determining the appropriate Adobe Subcontract/Subaward form and file selection.
It is recommended to only use Adobe Reader, not Acrobat, when working in any of the Grants.gov Adobe forms to avoid potential data corruption.
Include the Subaward Budget Form for Submission
- In the Proposal, select Basics > S2S Opportunity Search. The Opportunity Search section opens.
- Click the Forms tab and check the Include checkbox for the RR Subaward Budget form. Make a note of the specific Subaward Budget Attachment Form name.
- Close the proposal.
- Select the appropriate Adobe Subaward Budget Attachment Form from the left column in the table below.
- Click on the corresponding Subaward Budget Attachment form link in the middle column. Extract the Subcontract/Subaward file by clicking the [Click here to extract the R&R Subaward Budget Attachment] button, and save the file to your desktop.
If your S2S Application includes one of these Grants.gov Subaward Budget Attachment Forms...
...use the corresponding Adobe Subaward Budget Attachment file listed here
Click on image to see larger version.
Uploading Completed Subaward Budget Forms
Do this for every detailed subcontractor budget file:
- In the Budget, select Subawards. The Subawards screen opens.
- Click +Add Subaward button.
- In the Add Subaward window:
- Use the search function to look up the Organization Id
- Select Choose File to browse to the completed Adobe file, select it, and click Open. Focus returns to the Add Subaward modal/window, where the File Name now displays.
- Enter any Comments as needed.
- Click Add Subaward. The Adobe file is translated to XML for submission with your Kuali Coeus application. The subaward will list on the page.
- Select Details button to see fields updated with information about the translated file.
- If any changes are made in the Subaward Details window, click the Save Changes button, otherwise, click the No button to close the window.
Using the Subaward Budget Comment Box
- Select Details button to open the Subaward Details window, where you can use the Comments box to insert notes about the uploaded files.
Replacing an Uploaded Subaward File
- In the Budget on Subawards screen select the Details button for the subcontractor whose Adobe file you are going to replace.
- In the Subaward Details window:
- Click Replace PDF button. A file browser field opens.
- Click the Choose Filed button, find the Adobe file, select it, and click Open. The file browser closes and focus returns to the Subaward Details window/modal.
- Click the Add button. The Adobe file is imported.
Viewing the Uploaded Subaward Form
You can view the Adobe file if you have the Adobe Reader software installed on your system.
- In the Budget on Subawards screen select the Details button for the subcontractor whose Subaward Form you want to view.
- In the Subaward Details window:
- Click View PDF button. The file will display in a new browser window or it will download to your computer (depending on your browser settings).
- You can also view the XML file by clicking the View XML button. Again, the file will display in a new browser window or it will download to your computer (depending on your browser settings).